The Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation has several upcoming workshops this month and October.
• The basic skills of ceramic bead making, taught by Glenn Josey, begins on Sept. 15. A bead making II course for making more complex beads and pendants requires bead experience and begins Oct. 13.
• Cameron Hampton will teach a six-week class on drawing methods for all skill levels.
• A workshop on “Design with Layers in Watercolors” will be taught by Kie Johnson. Some experience with watercolors is recommended. The three-day workshop begins Sept. 25.
• A six-weeks beginning course for portrait sculpture will be taught by Jean Westmacott, the sculptor of the Athens statues in downtown Athens. No previous experience is necessary.
• A workshop on glazes for pottery will be taught by Jenna Johnson. Glazing techniques enhance color and surface during firing. The class for people with pottery experience begins Oct. 8.
• A portrait painting course in oils will be taught by Abner Cope and will be taught using a live models.
For more information on these courses go to www.ocaf.com or call (706) 769-4565.
— Staff Reports